Sunday, March 16, 2014

First One

Ok, So I keep saying to myself, "I should join all the cool people and write a blog!" And that's usually as far as it goes. I won't mention how many times I've tried this, but I never seem to find the time or inclination to continue. I, as usual, am hoping this one will be different. Primarily because I intend to use it for the storage of all my crazy hobbies, and the storage of my thoughts, recipes, and musings on them.

So this will be, as the title of the blog suggests, an unfocused project. My goal is to keep my personal information out of the equation and just focus on the stuff I do to keep myself entertained in my barely there down-times.

What can you expect to see here?

1. Crochet. Patterns, yarn reviews, pattern reviews, hook reviews, etc. My thoughts on being a self-taught crafter and hopefully ideas on how to improve. Might be helpful for those who want to take part in this wonderful hobby.

2. Sourdough. I have a sourdough starter. I've named it George. Two days a week it governs my household's life and schedule with its demands for feedings and then baking. I love it.

3. Gardening and plants. In the summer months I love to garden. Primarily vegetables, but I think I'll branch out into flowers this year for the sake of my daughter. She wants to help the Lorax.

4. To a lesser extent, Motherhood. I'm still fairly new to this. She'll be 3 soon and I have never laughed so much in my life. I won't post personal information about her. I won't post pictures. I WILL post the funny things she says or the things I'm experimenting with as I try and find my way in this strange journey of raising her to be an intelligent, moral, kind, loving, and productive member of our society. We do plan on raising her Buddhist, so I may touch on that, too.

Things you can NOT expect to see here?

1. Information or stories about my husband and my marriage. That is stuff that is best left in my house. And private.

2. Information or stories about my job. I spend enough time at work and thinking about work. And talking about work. Not here.

3. Politics. I've got my opinion and you have yours. I respect your opinion and I'm going to assume that you respect mine.

4. Discussions on religion. I will be talking about trying to raise our daughter as a Buddhist, but only as the process. Not about beliefs and any thoughts that could indicate that my way, beliefs, faith, etc is the right/only way to live. Again you have yours I have mine. Respect.

So here we go again. Wish me luck. I've got lots of ideas for posts right now, but my sourdough is calling me. Today is baking day and the bread will not bake itself.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! I especially need help with crochet... I'm self taught as well, but apparently you're a better teacher than I am. ;) I can make almost anything, but I can't read a pattern (what does all the crap mean anyway?) and I can't make the beginning or the end... or the part where you switch color/yarn... look good or "finished." *sigh* And the sourdough starter, yum! I keep ruining mine. I need to be better about feeding it regularly. Basically, you should just live closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post more about crochet soon! I'm 100% self taught, and therefore make A LOT of mistakes. But I figure if I learn something from each project, or at least improve, I'm doing well! And we do need to live closer!

    ReplyDelete