Sunday, June 1, 2014

Gardens and Ami's

Ok, it's been a REALLY long time since I posted. Let's just leave it at "the month of May is an extremely busy time at work" as the excuse and move on. Because it's the truth.

That's not to say I haven't had any time to crochet or garden. I have. Just no time to sit down and write about it. And I don't have a ton of time right now, so this will be short.

First off, my garden. It's growing! We're getting our first strawberries now. The tomato plants are growing and starting to put on blossoms. The herbs look great. My husband is going to harvest our first basil for our pizza tonight. (Made with sourdough crust!) The only issues are as follows:
1) There is a blue jay eating my strawberries. He yells at me every time I go out there to pick. Little a**hole.
2) Something is eating my cucumber and bean plants as soon as they pop up. I think it might be ants. I'm not sure, though. Will head to the nursery this week and ask if they have any ideas.

Sweet Pea is eating the strawberries as fast as I can harvest them. I'm thinking that between her and the jay I might have to actually buy strawberries for jam this year.

I haven't had a ton of time to crochet, but when I have I've mostly made more kitchen scrubbies or amigurumi. I love making ami. They're quick, fun, and so ding-dang cute I can't stand it.

Behold:
 An adorable dragon!!

 An equally adorable manatee!!

Today I started a princess. Yes, a particular one with icy powers. And her sister is soon to follow. I'll post pictures when they're done.

I'll write a longer post soon, I promise. More about how our summer is going with allowing Sweet Pea to run around the yard and play. (I'm there in my lawn chair with my iced tea....) And I'll also write about my new found ambition: Rock Climbing! That'll be a post all to itself. My reasons and what I'm doing to try and get in shape to try it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment